Water scarcity is a great threat to development because it affects human health, food security, and the natural environment. Women and girls are affected most when water is scarce as they are tasked with finding this precious resource daily. Water Empowerment aims to empower communities lacking water by offering long term solutions.
Our goals are:
- Lessen waterborne diseases
- Improve sanitation
- Increase the earning potential of women in communities we serve
- Decrease the time spent collecting water for women & girls
- Educate communities about new cost effective tools available for water and sanitation
- Capacity building training